I suggest you ...

Sweeping Blow refuses to target valid targets

Sometimes, targets begin in "invalid" squares (i.e. squares that you can't move into). Most attack powers allow you to attack them anyway. However, sweeping blow won't let you target these squares. (At least, I'm assuming that's what's going on -- I just tried when I was on the edge of some water and I couldn't target any of the targets that were on the water -- I could only target the trio of land squares.)

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Irfon-Kim Ahmad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was just wondering what was happening with boggarts in the 'Under Siege' quest. thanks for the clarification

• AdminDerek (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're right about what's happening: Sweeping Blow and some other abilities that affect an area don't allow you to target inaccessible squares. The intent is to prevent those abilities from working around obstacles that should block them; for example, you probably shouldn't be able to Sweeping Blow through a pillar in the middle of the arc. Here, though, it makes less sense since the squares are inaccessible for another reason. We'll think about a better way to implement these sorts of situations in the future.

Feedback and Knowledge Base