I suggest you ...

Make Wicked Sting a Passive or 1 / challenge minor action

Nearly pointless; you're nearly always better off going for an Off-hand + Main-hand combo (or better yet, Shadow Strike) when breaking stealth to attack. Doubly so when you get Stiletto. Only has limited niche use when under heavy pressure to attack quickly while stealthed (usually due to party members getting in trouble).

Just make this a Passive which increases the damage of your stealth breaking attacks by +2, and has them impose Weakened on a critical in addition to their other effects, or a minor also usable as a major, at the cost of reducing its use to 1 / challenge.

Wicked Sting - Passive
Benefit: Whenever you make a weapon attack while unnoticed, that attack deals +2 damage (or +25% damage, whichever is greater) and imposes the Weakened condition if it is a critical hit.

Wicked Sting - Minor or Standard Action
Benefit: Whenever you make a weapon attack while unnoticed, that attack deals +4 damage and imposes the Weakened condition.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Surrealistik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Surrealistik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Except it's inferior as compared to virtually every other option of its level; Shadow Strike, Twin Strike and Parting Blow (as a prerequisite for the extremely powerful Blade Dance) all are about unarguably superior to it. There is no internal balance between it and competing options.

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Wicked Sting is fine how it is, and that the Rogue class, as it currently is, should be your benchmark to measure other classes against when determining tweaks for gameplay balance purposes. You have to choose to take Wicked Sting, so people who don't like it/don't think it fits their play style can take something else.

• Surrealistik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Further, I'll also note that whatever time pressure niche use it has is even further obviated by flat out superior limited use attacks such as Twin Strike and Blade Dance.

Feedback and Knowledge Base