I suggest you ...

Hard Mode Quests

With the current difficulty of the game my group has been able to clear almost all of the quests in just a few hours. The addition of Hard Mode Quests would allow you to add more content without having to design something completely new, and it will give more of a challenge to more skilled players. Maybe double the HP of all the mobs or increase their defenses so players are required to work together and use tactics to defeat the monsters. Make the quests give some extra renown (100 for completing the quest on normal mode, then an extra 50 for completing hard mode?) Hard Modes should not give a full quest completion of experience as that might throw off the balance of the leveling system.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Razuric shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Taurondir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apologies for sounding nit-picky, but force multiplier refers to having an ability which makes already existing conditions more effective. Playing on tiny maps like we do already, more health for mobs just means more turns to kill them and little else, meaning a slower/longer game.

I Play volleyball. Upping the score to win a game to 40 instead of 20 would just drag the game on. Having a system that say, gives you extra points for win-streaks would make the game deadlier and make people concentrate more, especially when "critical points" come up.

I'd have no issue with your idea when playing in real-time, but long turns would kill any fun factor.

• Chron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do agree that new mobs and new abilities would be the most interesting, but a simple force multiplier on mob HP and damage would be comparatively very easy to add, and would still add some value for people who find the campaign too easy. I would personally love something like this!

I don't even know if it would require extra rewards, personally I'd do it just for fun :]

• Razuric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is a very good point Taurondir. Adding in more mechanics would be an interesting way to make the battles more challenging.

• Taurondir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I's personally rather see combats increase in mechanics involved. Rather then say 6 rats with more health, a "boss" - say with 4 normal rats - that gives bonuses to the other rats while it's alive would focus the players more then just more damage to deliver or tank.

If the focus of the "miniature" combat involved is shifted simply from applying high dps to actually finding tactical ways to manage the mobs, it would make the single move per hour/day feel more meaningful then simply picking a new target every time you log in, and "just more health" could just drage the combat over more days, while a short brutal engagement that wipes the party in 4 rounds would force players to try new approaches.

Feedback and Knowledge Base