I suggest you ...

During quests let players choose any of the options, and make the result be based on a dice roll

Now during quests there are certain choices that can only be choosen if the party has certain requirements.
I suggest making the result of those choices based on a dice roll with bonuses from what would be the requirement.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Filipe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • anthemius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently experienced the following: The party was faced with a choice; one of the options was clearly a good idea, but not available, as nobody had a good enough score for the ability required. One of the characters, however, was not far off! We abandoned the quest, went on a different one, gained a level, and then came back to this one: the option was now available. We all thought that this was a cool bit of play! If this suggestion is implemented, we would not have had that bit of fun! Yes, it may have given us a chance to follow that option in the first place, but I think something would be lost at the level of strategy. What if we had a good score but still failed due to a bad die roll? Randomness is OK in the middle of battle, but at the plot level, it is nice to have greater predictability & determinism.
        Just my 2cp worth...

Feedback and Knowledge Base