I suggest you ...

Let party members send reminders/notifications to laggards

Something to the effect of
"Ho laggard, don't stand there like a dope while the troll witch burns her rope!"

That way players can keep the game rolling at a pace that suits the group.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sebastian WelshSebastian Welsh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Alex BowyerAlex Bowyer shared a merged idea: add the ability to "Nudge" a player by email from in-game  ·   · 
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: can you please add an option to text a player if their turn is up? i feel bad holding the party up  ·   · 
    under review  ·  DerekAdminDerek (Manager, 10x10 Room) responded  · 

We’re taking a look at how we handle notifications during asynchronous play to make them as timely as possible without becoming annoying,

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jonathan WoodardJonathan Woodard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I play async in 'vacation mode' and we frequently have one person who forgets to check in for a few days. Would be nice if there were a button to click "nudge waiting player". This site has a similar function that works really well: gamesbyemail.com

• MaeglinMaeglin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On these lines, an alternate to the party leader setting the dead-head turn pace would be a reminder button. If all the party members except one click it, that one misses their turn (or has it handed to the leader).

• nharkinsnharkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pls make the emails use gmail's heuristics for threading, i.e. all use the same subject.

• Sandman,united kingdomSandman,united kingdom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

/Agree with Suggestion

Really for Asynchronous play i guess, for players with multiple partys, who just lose track.

If the reminder to do your move, comes from your fellow party members, then that's fair enough.
        Add a Poke a party member button from in game - attached to each character info -> sends an email to say
        "Sometime before Xmas would be nice"
        "Heroic is my middle name , but a little help would be nice" .

A random un-offensive " move your butt" message from a party member - could work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base