I suggest you ...

Tweak the "Recover" ability

"Recover" as it stands is virtually useless. At the beginning of the game, it heals 1-2 points (I don't know if this eventually scales), and enemies tend to do 2-6 points of damage. Since you'll only ever want to use it when you're both wounded and threatened by an enemy, in virtually all cases you'll receive more damage that turn than you'll heal, plus you don't get to also attack the enemy, at all, making it a net loss pretty much every time you use it. There are certainly some edge cases where it's useful (if you have one of the weird status effects it cures, or if you're fighting against a melee-only enemy where you've been injured already but the enemy is still a distance away, but given how homogenous most enemy groupings are, how often does that come up?). Since many parties won't have a healer, and there are no potions or items in the game as far as I can tell, a functional healing ability for every class is much more important than in most RPGs where you'll custom craft a party with a dedicated healer plus everyone will have a pile of potions. Recover could be much more useful if it either healed a lot more damage than it currently does (you'd have to tweak all the other healing abilities to suit, though), or if it became a minor ability instead of a major so that you could both recover and attack.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Irfon-Kim Ahmad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Particularly if you are taking ongoing damage (Bleeding, fire, etc.) if you only heal 1 point and then take 2 points of damage from the ongoing effect, it's even more useless.

Feedback and Knowledge Base