I suggest you ...

Allow some characters from a party to quest without all characters being present.

174 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Maeglin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sebastian Welsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to allow one or two trusted party members to manage my character. People I play with have kids, jobs and different periods of availability.

Situations where the entire party is left waiting mid-quest because one person is unavailable if the can delegate action selection/voting to another player, maybe after a configurable wait period (say 1-24 hours).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One area that I would like to see a change is in the voting portion. So far for each of the three votes my party has taken we have had to wait for the fourth person to get on and vote even though we already had three votes for the same item. Once the majority has reached a decision it shouldn't matter if the Slow has voted or not.

• Crazypoet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Sandman - I like that idea, giving the player the option of allowing the Party leader to pull them along. I also like Maeglin's thought about letting the party move ahead on a new quest and catching up with them later.

I would, over time, like to build good working Party relationships - either through persistent teams or Guilds. K owing the styles and schedules of the people you play with matters in the long term.

two of my characters are in parties that are working very well - I'd like to stick with them over the long term. Of course, as we're aproaching the end of the beta quests in both groups, it'll be hard to keep together and interested

• Maeglin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Beta, there's a lot of party hopping because of the fact that, as Sandman said, players play at different paces, or aren't all available at the same time. EIther an impatient player drops out of a slow party to find another, or an impatient leader kicks the slow player.

Neither of these is very satisfactory from a role-playing perspective, as long-term parties don't grow and learn together, and they result in players having a mixed bag of encounters without following whole quests from beginning to end.

Although being able to play one turn when no-one from your party is around is a nice feature, the game is painfully slow if that's the only way it's played. It works best when your whole party is online at the same time. However, as Sandman pointed out, there's often 3 out of 4, which means no-one can do anything.

It would be good if there were a way to sign in, see who was online and then be able to decide to take a quest with whoever was there. The missing player(s) could see, upon sign-in that their regular party had done a particular quest without them and have the option of doing it themself/selves immediately or at a later date, without leaving the party they are affiliated with.

Sandman's suggestion of allowing your character to be controlled by the leader, (or could be automated, only fast) would also work, with the downside that that player would then miss out on that quest.

• Sandman,united kingdom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am guessing Maeglin means a way to bypass your slow to take thier turn pals, there is always one lol :D - if your playing turn based that is, other than kicking them...

I suggest a tick box ( character can turn on or off) allowing party leader to take their turn, if they forget or they get lost in the pub on the way home.. girlfriend or boyfriend plays the what more important card... So many possible reasons why 3 out 4 could be held up ... keeps all happy and the game moving...

• Crazypoet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't quite get this - do you mean just pulling the absent characters along, or leaving them "at a handy inn" en-route to the next Challenge?

Feedback and Knowledge Base