I suggest you ...

Range finders

I would like to see tile markers for ranged attacks, something that would let me know when my hunting bow is in range.

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jeff Faulkner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Maeglin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Jeff & BG, you can also go to the dropdown menu under "Display" (to the right of the quest name) and check "Show coordinates."

• Crazypoet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with Maeglin on this - the info is already there in your action-selection screen.

• BG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along similar lines, or possibly what this poster meant: I can see the range of my weapons and skills (granted, I have only tried one class), but when the grid doesn't show up well on the background, none of that knowledge helps. I have to roughly eyeball to see if I can, for example, back up and still shoot.

• Maeglin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know when you're in range for an attack when it shows up as an option in your actions box (it only shows the abilities that can be used).

The ability and attack descriptions already contain range information, visible when you click on the ability name on your character.

• Jay Turley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also like to see range information in the ability and attack descriptions as well. I had no idea which ones could be used 1 square, 2 squares, or more away.

Feedback and Knowledge Base