I suggest you ...

Allow a player to control multiple characters in a party

I think it would be very nice to be able to play more than one character at a time. Whether it would be one person playing four characters or two people playing two each or any other combination...
It shouldn't be a technical problem, and it shouldn't be a revenue problem either, since for the time being one purchased adventure is enough for a whole group.

I realize that a part of the thing here is to get people to get their friends involved, but I also think that a lot of people would like to also be able to enjoy the adventures by themselves, at their leisure.

112 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andreas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Xander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely agree with this. Playing as a multi-player party is awesome, but I'd love to be able to play an entire party on my own, too. Especially because the multiplayer quests can move /so/ slowly. I'd be more than willing to pay an extra $10, and use up multiple character slots, to be able to quest on my own with a larger party. It wouldn't replace the multiplayer for me, though.

I'll echo others: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make this an option! I'd be stoked!

• Tyler Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me play a 4 party team on my own. I SO want to play this game but I do not want to play co-op. I've been checking in on this game ever since the Kickstarter, waiting patiently for it to become an option. PLEASE!

• FragMasterJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

.....it would also be a HUGE selling point ($$$) IMO. If I saw a $10 soloing option, I'd most likely buy it even if there wasn't other content.

• FragMasterJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was bummed when I found out you couldn't run multiple guys, but then I grouped a little and came to be OK with it being this game's unique quirk. I think the game is defined by its unique drop in partying. You probably shouldn't change it for looky loos, HOWEVER, paying players that buy any upgrade should definitely get the ability to solo. I get that you want me playing your way when I'm playing on your dime, but if I buy an upgrade, then I should be allowed to solo.

• AdminDerek (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Conclave now allows you to play solo or with less than a full party. Though you can't play multiple characters, combats do take your party's size into account when determining the number and difficulty of foes that you face. The entire game can be played with a single character, a party of four, or anything in between.

That said, controlling a single character as a solo player is a different experience than controlling an entire party, and we're interested in hearing feedback on how we support solo play.

• Kyle Essary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a greater focus should be placed on allowing the party leader to change the wait time vs allowing multi-character play.

The main reason is that once you start having loot, then this becomes like cheating - unless there is a flag-able option for creating a character as "multi-char" vs "normal" in which multi-char characters cannot play with normal ones. Thus, they can't cheat their way into loot and then go out and adventure with it. They would only be able to play with your own, other "multi-char" characters.

• Taikei no Yuurei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. While the idea of playing online with friends is great, you sometimes just don't have the best overlapping time to get this together. And sometimes you just want to sit down and play some, without having to wait around for other people. Sure, you can play a team by yourself by using 4 different browsers and making 4 separate accounts (or 2 browsers on 2 computers with 4 accounts) but that is a huge hassle, and could really mess with your own numbers as well, as you could think you have significantly more people playing than you really do.

• Phearless commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like this as an alternative way to speed up play. Conclave is touted as a harkening back to tabletop RPG's, but when your party members are either zombies or forcing one-turn-per-24-hours pacing on you, it feels more like PBM (not PBEM, but PBM).

I would prefer to have other people controlling the other characters in the party, but the price seems too high right now. Maybe if we could set the pace of the game ourselves by adjusting the auto-advance period it wouldn't be so bad. But right now combat moves too slow for my tastes.

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course, technically you can already control an entire party from one PC...
        If you have one session in an Opera browser, one in an Opera Private browser (sandboxed), one in an IE session and one in an IE InPrivate browser...
        But that's messy and exasperating... :p

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And for extra special coolness; let people lend control of characters when they go on vacation... either for a specific time or until they take it back from their own login.
        As an alternative to going on hiatus...

• Gregg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would enjoy this as an option too, as a way to hone strategies between different classes while replaying difficult fights.

Feedback and Knowledge Base