I suggest you ...

Contract a Scriptwriter - Better arguments, stories and backgrounds

If we are willing to pay for modules, it has to worth the time we spend on it, and the way the game makes us immerse your world. Real pen&paper roleplayers are not afraid of huge text, descriptions and dialogues. The more the better. So I think the game has to be well written, has to be engaged, and make you "dream" when you are outside the game.
The game is a great tool, but the words, can make magic on it.
The cheapest way to do it is to make a contest on modules, or to try to find old legendary magazine module creators.... Just mumbling here.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
SamCube shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Caroline Seawright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also love more words, and have more meaning attached to the words. As a new player, it feels, right now, like it doesn't matter what option I pick, I end up in a battle. What about storylines where your selections mean something and take you to different places, like getting quests completed without the need to always fight? Or to have a different ending, depending on the choices made?

Also, I would love my levelling up to be part of the storyline in some way, like having an NPC show you new skills, or have text showing what mysteries unfold as you finish a quest, or something. I only learned I got to Level 2 by looking at my character.

I understand the limits of a game, what with being unable to have all the options a player might think of themselves, but having multiple story paths (even with options along the D&D alignment system, eg. good, neutral, evil, chaotic, lawful, or something similar) and consequences would be awesome.

It may be just me, but most of my RPGing involved much of the above - playing the role, not just roll playing! So I heartily agree with comment here.

And maybe something for players to do whilst awaiting the other members of the party to take their turn? From the Kickstarter desc, I wasn't expecting to be stuck awaiting others to take their turn in a fight like that. I thought I was going to have a brand new sort of game where I could play for a long time, of 5m, depending on what time I had available. That sounded great. Not sure how it is going to be made to happen with the current waiting in battle/for votes problem, but hopefully it comes to fruition without affecting the storyline. :)

• AdminNick (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Andreas, I just have to give you props for citing Darklands, first off. Definitely understand what you are describing in terms of flavorful associations between locations and quests/tasks.

There are a couple of valuable ideas in what you said below that might deserve their own topics here on UserVoice:
    * Tasks with no retries
    * Tasks that earn cash or items instead of level progress

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that equipment is now part of character progression... but I would love it if the locations were more than just quest lists, if we could explore them, take on certain tasks (random, win or lose - no retries, no level progress - but), earn and spend money... stuff like that, that would be nice.
    If you know the old, old game Darklands, then you'll know exactly the kind of thing I mean. The cities in that game are essentially point-shaped menus, but they're storied into feeling real...

• Phearless commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to second what Tori Kamal said. The writing in this game is excellent. I say that as something of a writer myself. Whoever's hand is at work here is unusually literate and talented for this day and age. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that he or she earns their living as an author of novels or short stories.

This is the context in which I'd like my endorsement of the "more text" idea to be understood: I don't want text for text's sake, but good writing which serves a purpose and enriches the game experience is always welcome. I've very much enjoyed reading what's in the game now--which I can scarcely say about even 5% of the games I've played recently--and look forward to whatever you might be able to fruitfully incorporate in the future.

• AdminDerek (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the feedback, folks. There's a good amount about the world of Conclave and its history that we've already written but haven't been able to share yet. Some of that will come out in future quests, and we also have some ideas for how we can share more of it with those of you who'd like to see it without forcing it on everyone else.

• Tori Kamal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually think that the balance between storyline and gameplay is just right at this time. I also think the writing is really well done and very engaging. It's actually the reason I decided to start playing this game and have invited a bunch of my buddies in the first place.

I know there will always be a group of players that want to have more storyline, and groups of players who want to fast-forward to the combat, but I feel like a very good balance is being struck right now. However, I completely understand where you are coming from.

Feedback and Knowledge Base