I suggest you ...

Custom Adventure Creator.

Allow players to purchase a tool that enables them to create and host their own adventures.

252 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Evan Repschleger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not agree more with this. This PLATFORM you've created for games is sooooo amazing, why aren't you outsourcing your CONTENT to all the hundreds of people that make fantasy universes for funsies in their freetime? Charge microtransactions for user-created stories where the creator imports their own classes, pictures, backdrops, dialogue, quest choices, EVERYTHING. I have friends that spend so much time creating universes but no one wants to play their game without tangible boards and pieces -- this would be perfect for them!!! You'd also need to build in a review system to justify charging prices but this website you have could just be so much more. I love your content but you can't keep up with how big this concept COULD be. <3<3<3<3<3

• Taurondir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main problem is that without strict conditions on what can be done, some individuals would make "farming" adventures or create content with bad language, or impossible quests, I've seen this happen elsewhere.

There would need to be selected people to "prune" the adventures and vote them in for dev approval first, so they can be placed in game.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you create a map editors which is hosted by conclave, you could also make it public so other players could share quests. This seems it would not be terribly difficult to program. Players can upload JPEGS as a map, overlay the grid, and put the monsters on the grid from a selection menu. Then they can type in the text and decisions which happen between each encounter. Some players will make elaborate and beautiful quests to share! - Eric

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to do something along these lines, i mean even a way of submitting quests with text, art and all that.. Your platform is perfect, all it needs is content. There are thousands of people who play, write, act as gm and can do great text, art tiles, icons and most importantly create adventures.. Im really impressed and hooked on the game but the promised content wont last too long once you unleash the players on the finished product.

I mean you have a great world and a certain style, letting people even emulate what you have would flood you with content.

Sorry if this has been covered..

• Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a wonderful idea, whether the custom adventures are limited to the setting or whether they are wide open. I see the possible conflict with the level system, but that's not a problem if characters are created specifically for a particular custom campaign.

• Cheshire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is why I contributed to the Kickstarter. I was a fan of Neverwinter for exactly this reason. Conclave as an MMO is a casual diversion. Conclave in my living room is a seachange. PBEM campaigns exist because of this market. You will (finally) take real role-playing online if you can create a GUI to replace table-top miniature adventuring.

• Adam Chance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about "Allow players a tool that enables them to create and host their own adventures"

• Nyogtha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely this. Excluding it would be a disservice to what you have already created! :O)

• Max S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't mind them charging for a "foundry" like feature, i.e. for CREATING, but not for playing adventures. Since I am currently convincing my tabletop group to try out Conclave, this would be the perfect way to still create adventures for them :)

• Dave H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is probably the best way to make Conclave succeed in my opinion - take it from a game limited by dev time, to a full-blown platform. It would give it much wider appeal, and would likely mean that you could focus on nailing the mechanics down and curating rather than creating the content.

• Brandon hay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom Adventures would be SWEEEEEEEEET. This is the perfect venue for my RPG group. We have been looking for something like this.

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One difficulty with implementing something like this is that currently, leveling up is a function of completing X number of quests. So unless you just don't level up from quests released this way, that could be problematic.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this option. Already, I've had some initial thoughts on adventures just playing the game. Making a tool where my partner and I could go on tailored adventures, and then collaborate on stories to share with other people would be great.

• Gregg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think once you have the basic game up and running, creating a modding tool could really increase the value of the basic game with crowd-sourced content.

• Chris King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd very much like to participate in making a warhammer-esque mod for this game, I'm local to cambridge and have a group of artists working on illustrations that I'd like to develop into a number of playable campaigns.

• AdminDerek (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something we've long wanted to add. For now it's a lower priority than improving the game itself, but if enough people vote for the idea, we're definitely open to it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base