I suggest you ...

Make mouse-overs

Skills and description words such as in the character creation screen should be mouse-over instead of click-to read. See mouse-over examples on websites such as wowhead.com.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PatrickPatrick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NickAdminNick (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Browser detection may well be sufficient; that's worth pondering for sure. We would love to do a mobile version, but are trying to make the most of our limited resources right now by instead building a single interface that works pretty well for all types of users.

• PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah, that's understandable. I'd say use browser detection for deciding to do this. Or make a mobile version of the site/application for mobile devices that interfaces with the game.

• NickAdminNick (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Patrick,

We intentionally avoid mouseovers because many players play from mobile devices like phones and tablets that rely on a touchscreen instead of a mouse. That said, I have wondered whether we should make a few key elements - like the ones you describe - sensitive to both mouseover and clicks. There are some complexities to making both behaviors work in concert, but it may be worth attempting.

Feedback and Knowledge Base