I suggest you ...

Once a majority decision is reached, don't wait around for the other players to vote

They can't affect the outcome, so log a decision and don't make everyone wait for the last member to do it.

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Toby shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  Nick responded  · 

By the end of this month (August), we will be running a Kickstarter, and voting is one area we plan to enhance with funds we raise – including speedier vote resolution. We’ll have more details when the Kickstarter begins.

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alex Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this should definitely be a configuration option. At least in my party we never, ever discuss the choices. We just pick one, and we're usually picking the same one, so this does nothing but hold up the game.

• nharkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

even worse example: on "Quest: Dead Sail, Chapter 1: Approach", 2/3 options are ineligible for our party! (1 runecaster and 2 truebows lack both Persuasion and Tactics) but yet we have to wait for us to "vote" on the only option open to us. should just bypass the voting with narrative.

• Tori Kamal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a good compromise for the playstiles would be to give the party leader the ability to be able to turn on a setting that would enable majority votes rule. This would be defaulted to off and any group would need all votes in to be able to move on.

However, if Majority Votes Rule is turned on, then a simple majority would allow decisions to move forward, again with the leader breaking ties.

• Paul Cuchna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this holds the game up tremendously. Perhaps lessening zombie timer to like 8 to 12 hours instead of the 24 that it is currently at.

• AdminDerek (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to clarify, voting doesn't always require four votes. You only need as many votes as you have characters in your group.

Up to this point, we've been hesitant to end voting before each party member has had a chance to weigh in. Since votes can be changed, players who haven't voted can still have an impact even if they're currently outnumbered.

That said, we don't want voting to hold up the game either. We're keeping this in mind as we make plans for our next release.

• AdminJustin (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Pat,

I agree that something like this, which as a good reason to be done either way depending on the playstyle of a particular party, would benefit from a configuration option similar to the auto-advance timer in the party page. We'll explore it.

• Pat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see why it has to be one or the other. I personally feel that it should be an option under your account settings. That way people can have best of both worlds. Unless everyone in the group has Majority Rules checked, then people have to wait by the default 24 hour time restraint. If someone doesn't mind Majority Rules, they can check it so people don't have to wait.

It might take a little extra effort to implement such a optional feature. But I think it would benefit the game by giving the player the freedom of choosing what they want.

• AdminNick (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one we go back and forth on. You are not the only person to ask for this; on the other hand, other players have noted that they'd like complete consensus (within the constraints of the 24 hour time limit on taking action). Also, a player can change his or her vote as long as the vote is still open, so it is technically possible for votes to matter after a majority has been achieved; I have seen this happen occasionally.

Feedback and Knowledge Base