I suggest you ...

Provide information on how the game works.

Thinking about the dice rolls and such here. You mention all these will saves and all and defense and attack, but not much more information. I propose you provide some type of rulebook or so to how the game mechanics work, what affects saves, how they're decided etc. It will make it more desirable to make decisions in game.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jere shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brandon hay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also say that there should be a dice roller feature. The tactile enjoyment of "seeing" the attack through the dice is missing in this game. As for how to display information on how the game "works" a battle log tab next to the chat tab would be helpful. It could include the math behind each attack, save or condition.

• alansia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To complement to this idea, I need this information to understand the strenght and the weakness of my character. Right now, I have a Dodge of 8, is it good? Is it not? I know Defensive posture will add +5 to my dodge but is it valuable? And how am I vulnerable to bleeding with a Fort of 5? Showing the dice will help me to guess the mechanichs of the game and better fit my behavior in battle situation.

• Tyler Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

reply to patrick: well you could still have tutorials for each character but give the player the ability to skip it... i personally tend to skim through things a bit too much so the option to repeat the tutorial to quickly check some info would be nice... or even just having the option to play a tutorial as a set in stone junk character who does not carry into your list of characters. so you click play tutorial and even though you created a beaken you are now playing a warforged fighter for the length of the tutorial.

• AdminNick (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jere, sometimes I wish we had a way to reveal some of the internal discussions we have had on potential features, as the solution you describe is identical to one we've considered as well!

Ultimately, we want it all: a toggleable view onto "dice rolls", a proper tutorial, a detailed reference, and a contextual help system. We very much appreciate your feedback in helping us prioritize between those informational systems.

• Jere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or just have an option to do like in Icewind Dale, which is based on D&D: YOu can toggle whether the game shows all the dice rolls, or only melee attack rolls etc...
        I'm pretty sure if you provided that in the log, people will figure out what is going on :)

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps enable a tutorial battle for the first time the account goes through the game? Most important for this is only the first character for that account; I hate having to go through tutorials with every single character created.

• AdminNick (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We completely agree. The challenge is in finding the right ways to make that information accessible to and discoverable by our players. A rulebook is almost certain to be one component of that effort, but we hope to make it easier for players to learn about the game mechanics as a direct result of gameplay as well. Ideas here are encouraged (hint, hint)...

Feedback and Knowledge Base