I suggest you ...

Make the gameplay less tedious

When I play the combat, it seems like a very long process to go through one battle. I believe this could be remedied by lowering the amount of clicks, like for example, when using dash, you have to click at dash, click at your first square, click at your second square and then click on act and also wait for all the processing. Much simpler would be to just click on dash and the final destination square. Similar reduction is possible for lots of other things too.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jere shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Maeglin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems to me as if the "take minor action" and "take major action" button phases can be removed entirely with no loss to gameplay. Just have "choose a minor action" above the list of actions (as it already is), without having an unnecessary click to get there.

• AdminDerek (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We recently made a change that we think will help a bit. If an ability requires a target to be selected but there's only one valid option, the game will select it automatically. (You'll still be able to review and cancel your action as usual.)

We've discussed queueing options in the past, but there are trade-offs. If a foe or terrain has a special ability triggered by your initial action, that can make a later action suboptimal or even backfire, which is usually not fun.

We hear you about streamlining, though. We'll keep working on it.

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps a way to queue up all actions for your turn, then execute them with a single button click? I realize that'd be a huge redesign of the way things currently work, but it might streamline the process.

We're looking at a few ways to reduce the number of clicks involved in combat. In the case of Dash, however, we ask you to click on the intermediate square because there's sometimes more than one path you can take to the final destination. And without giving too much away, that choice can make a difference on certain maps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base