I suggest you ...

Make the races less class biased

Each races seems to favor one particular class and vice versa. It feels silly to choose a race other than the one that immediately enhances your most relevant statistic.

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nathaniel Brengle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jon Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While one does need every stat, I find it hard as a number-crunching RPGer to go against the archetype bias you present in the form of the racial trait bonus. Particularly for a new player, it is not obvious how important the primary stat is relative to the others.

One possible way to soften this would be to allow the player to assign a +1 bonus to any *other* trait during character creation. Sort of a nature-vs-nurture thing. :)

That way, I can have a Nix Vanguard that is numerically equivalent to a Forgeborn. They still have their racial powers to differentiate them, but you don't feel like you're giving something up to play an off-bias archetype.

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll have to create a character/class combination against min/max to see how it plays balance wise.

• AdminNick (Manager, 10x10 Room) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You'll find as you play that you need all your stats, no matter what archetype you choose. That said, it may be a common assumption that hyperfocusing on one stat is the right thing to do, as this is so commonly the case in RPGs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base